Saturday 27 October 2012

Off to the Sun and Sand......

I have been fortunate enough to have had many opportunities to travel over the past few years. There is nothing better than getting away, wether it be for a mini 4 day trip or a 10 day adventure. Seeing different things  and experiencing different cultures is amazing. I am off TODAY for a mini sun and sand vacation & am excited to feel some warmth. If there is one thing I have mastered it is what I call my "travel bag" this may be a purse you decide to carry on the plane or a knapsack however, it is essential! I love my Michael Kors travel bag as it is big enough to fit everything I need but not too big that it doesn't fit under the seat. (hate having to get up and manoeuvre around people every time you need to get something out of your bag).  Here is a list of must haves that I carry with me:
1. Pashmina - this is a MUST regardless of time of year, most planes tend to be cold, this can also double as a blanket.
2. Socks - I always carry a pair of warm fuzzy socks - (only if I am not wearing socks already). If you are wearing flip flops socks are great as they feel like you are wearing slippers and keep your feet warm.
3. Eye Mask - essential for overnight flights. I once sat near the bathrooms and even though the plane was dark every time those doors opened the light would wake me up.
4. My iPad - I love my iPad, I have the option of reading, playing games, listening to music, watching a movie.....etc you get the idea.
5. Gum/Mints plus a snack - Always a good idea you never know how long you will be stuck without something to eat.
6. Lip gloss / Brush -  always makes you feel a little better if you can comb your hair & put on lip gloss.
7. If you don't bring carry on and checked your bags and are heading somewhere HOT always throw your bathing suit in your bag, trust me if you arrive somewhere tropical and your suitcase doesn't, at least you can throw on your bathing suit and head to the beach. (No one wants to have to try and shop for a bathing suit when they are under pressure to do so!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I read and appreciate every single comment. Hope to hear from you again soon!

Pia